During this 4 x 3.5 hour workshop for Agile Coaches and Managers, you’ll learn tips and tricks to build and enhance a culture of trust, with teams that effectively self-organize. We will focus on:
- Appreciate the what and why of an Agile culture – what are the essential elements of an Agile culture and why are they important?
- Implementation level knowledge on practices required to build effective self-organized Agile teams.
After a quick recap of the four tenets and 12 principles of Agile, the training deep dives into the four most relevant principles and explores the leadership actions and behaviors needed to implement these:
- Principle 5: Build projects around motivated individuals. Give them the environment and support they need and trust them to get the job done.
- Principle 8: Agile processes promote sustainable development. The sponsors, developers, and users should be able to maintain a constant pace indefinitely.
- Principle 11: The best architectures, requirements, and designs emerge from self-organizing teams.
- Principle 12: At regular intervals, the team reflects on how to become more effective, then tunes and adjusts its behavior accordingly.
Agile teams need to consciously move from a culture of command & control to a culture of trust. This requires a relook at power structures, people governance & project governance mechanisms and behaviors. Trust is one of the key foundational principles of the Semco Style framework. It provides specific practices that can be implemented to build a culture of trust, grouped under the three broad ares of:
- Treating Adults as Adults
- Unfiltered Transparency
- Reducing Power Distance
In this workshop we will focus on where to begin and how to combine both Semco Style and the Agile Manifesto, to create a true culture shift that is rooted in trust and autonomy and how to create truly Agile teams.
A quick recap of the tenets and principles of the Agile Manifesto is followed by the basics of self-organized teams, the role of the manager in self-organized teams, essential cultural elements and, last but not least, how to build this culture through practices that build trust, peer power and psychological safety.
Understand ACE is and online training program using facilitation, case studies, experiential role-plays and hands-on exercises. Agile coaches and managers responsible for agile teams are made to appreciate and understand ACE. Ready to start a lasting agile transformation within your organization?
Your Key Takeaways:
- Building effective trust in teams
- Learn some culture hacks to run effective agile practices
- Step-back management to make teams truly self-organized
- Knowing when to intervene and how to intervene when teams are in trouble
- Building a decision-making muscle in teams
4 online training session with a duration of 3,5 hours each
- Session: April 26, 13.00 – 16.30 CEST Time zone (UTC+2)
- Session: April 29, 13.00 – 16.30 CEST Time zone (UTC+2)
- Session: May 4, 13.00 – 16.30 CEST Time zone (UTC+2)
- Session: May 6, 13.00 – 16.30 CEST Time zone (UTC+2)