Any sustainable culture change needs to start at the top. This half-day training is focused on equipping leaders with an awareness of the cultural requirements of Agile. Leadership behaviors that are essential to build an Agile culture in the organization are covered in an engaging workshop with role-plays.
After a quick recap of the four tenets and 12 principles of Agile, the training deep dives into the four most relevant principles and explores the leadership actions and behaviors needed to implement these:
- Principle 5: Build projects around motivated individuals. Give them the environment and support they need and trust them to get the job done.
- Principle 8: Agile processes promote sustainable development. The sponsors, developers, and users should be able to maintain a constant pace indefinitely.
- Principle 11: The best architectures, requirements, and designs emerge from self-organizing teams.
- Principle 12: At regular intervals, the team reflects on how to become more effective, then tunes and adjusts its behavior accordingly.
Leaders need to consciously move from a culture of command & control to a culture of trust. This requires a relook at power structures, people governance & project governance mechanisms and behaviors. Trust is one of the key foundational principles of the Semco Style framework. It provides specific practices that can be implemented to build a culture of trust, grouped under the three broad ares of:
- Treating Adults as Adults
- Unfiltered Transparency
- Reducing Power Distance
In this session we will focus on where to begin and how to combine both, Semco Style and the Agile Manifesto, to create a true culture shift that is rooted in trust and autonomy and how to create truly Agile leaders.
Your Key Takeaways:
- Understand the leader’s role in Agile organizations.
- Learn how to build Agile leaders in the organization.
- Do’s and Don’ts of Leadership behaviors for building an Agile culture.
- Essential elements to build self-organized Agile teams.
1 focussed online session with a duration of 3,5 hours
April 26: 13.00 – 16:30 CEST Time Zone (UTC+2)